Wednesday, August 10, 2011

"When do you get to bring him home?"


Is the million dollar question that no one seems to know the answer to.  There is a lot of paperwork involved in bringing him home and one big piece of the paperwork puzzle is the EP (emmigration/exit permit).  The ministry grants these and they have cut back on the number that they will be submitting and approving.   The great news is that just yesterday they FINALLY started submitting babies for these permits and today the last EP batch submitted (may 2011) were approved!!!  We still don't know what this means for us but it is movement which is fantastic!  We are prepared to have to wait until next year to bring him home but my heart hurts.  I miss my son!  I have never met him but I can't imagine life without him.  We just have to wait on the Lord to get us to our son, and I know he will.  I have strong faith in God that he will take care of Liam and take care of us while we wait for our family to be reunited.  So please say a prayer for us as we continue to wait.  Please ask God to prepare Liam for a difficult transition and prepare his Foster family's heart to say goodbye after raising him from baby to toddler.  It's going to be difficult but I am so ready to be his mommy and I know my husband is ready to hold his son.  2012 is going to be the best year yet for our family!

2 comments:

  1. Praying for you as you wait! We're all in this together....it can be so hard sometimes! Trusting God's timing for all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband and I are also adopting a little boy from S Korea, and our ATK date is June 2011. Our timelines are close. How neat if ended up traveling around the same time. We are from Birmingham, AL. amandamurry.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete