Sunday, June 17, 2012

Seoul City Tour

We woke up so refreshed after a great night sleep.  We then were able to explore our hotel a little.  It was a beautiful hotel on the army base.  I would recommend staying there to anyone who is Military!




Our first full day in Seoul was spent with another adopting couple and our sweet tour guide MJ. We went to a beautiful palace and got some great pictures and got to see the changing of the guards ceramony!
















We then went on to one of the fabulous markets, Insadong.  There we tried some honey candy and watched how they made it (hilarious and very entertaining!).  We sipped on some tea and ate a super yummy lunch!  I wish that I would have gotten pics down the street of Insadong but I didn't :(







We then went onto a really neat part of Seoul, a neighborhood that was like it's own little village.  The street was narrow and it went up and up and up.  I guess wealthy people live there, and the homes are pretty traditional. I was interviewed while we were up there by some sweet high school students.  They loved the fact that I was from the United States!





From there we went to another awesome market!  I was able to find some adorable hanboks (traditional Korean dress) for the kids and some other goodies.  I don't have any pictures but the streets were lined with all sorts of trinkets, souvenir's, and beautiful things.  It was such an amazing day!  We had such a great time with our new friends and we had the best tour guide.  We were in love with Seoul!

No comments:

Post a Comment